V were a boyband from the United Kingdom. The band was active from 2002 to 2005.
- Antony Thomas Brant (born on January 18, 1983 in Leicester, Leicestershire, England)
- Aaron Buckingham (born on July 7, 1983 in London, England)
- Mark Harle (born on November 8, 1983 in Glasgow, Scotland)
- Kevin McDaid (born on March 7, 1984 in Nigeria)
- Leon Pisani (born on December 25, 1985 in Cardiff, Wales)
History and Discography
The band was formed 2002 through auditions held by Prestige Management. They selected the band name "V" suggested by Antony Brant as the Roman numeral for five corresponding to the five members of the band. In 2003, the band signed to Universal Records for their debut album. V made their debut performance as a supporting act of Busted during their Arena Tour early in 2004.
In 2004, V released three singles:
- Blood, Sweat and Tears
- Hip to Hip
- You Stood Up
The first two of them reached the Top Ten in the UK charts. V's first and only album "You Stood Up" was released in November 2004. It only reached position 86 in the UK albums chart.
Throughout 2004, V appeared in various TV shows such as "Top of the Pop". In February 2005, the band announced on their website that they had decided to disband because they felt that "music at the moment isn't quite ready for an all singing, all dancing boyband."
→ see also Category:Images of V
→ see also Category:Videos of V